Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Fifty Shades

I have finished the Fifty Shades trilogy over a month back, and I loved it. It is no wonder the trilogy is one of the best-selling - fastest-selling paperback of all time, in fact, surpassing the Harry Potter series.

Although labelled the erotic novel, it does not revolve around just that. Really, read the books first before judging. Well, there were BDSM and some 'kinky fuckery', and there were also plain vanilla. There is a reason for the way Christian Grey turns out to be - the need to be in control and dominant. However, these characteristics also made him a pretty successful and wealthy entrepreneur at such a young age.

I love that the author, James used such a wide range of vocabulary in her descriptions throughout the story. I love the twists and the flashbacks included wisely in between. If there is one word I could use to describe this, it would be 'beguiling'.
The ending is beautiful, yet it leaves you wanting more.

Now that they have confirmed a movie based on the book, I cannot wait to see how the casts will play out all the characters. I do hope that Matt Bomer gets cast as Christian Grey (although he is openly gay - Darn. Tsk!)  - so far, the guy fits the bill for a Christian Grey - he looks stunning suit-up, and could pull off the sexy, boyishly carefree/playful look at the same time.


As for the lead female role, I hope Alexis Bledel gets the part. She is everything I have imagined Anastasia Steele to be. Big blue eyes, brunette, innocent charm, fair and rosy.

Ahh, I can't wait - though I doubt the movie would ever be released here, in this country.
Haha!

No comments: