Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November 4th, 2008

It's November already! And it's going to be an exciting month.

November 4th, 2008, today, is the date for the scheduled 56th consecutive quadrennial United States presidential election.

I really hope Barack Obama wins. It's high time US have yet another Democrat to cater for their economic needs since the wise Clinton - especially at a time of bad recession (one closest to the 1929 Depression) like this. Hasn't US learnt from their mistake - twice? Besides, from his high spirits and capabilities, I believe that Obama has the sincere will and power to help change the world - for the better. (I am currently on his book, The Audacity of Hope.)I have followed, as much as I could, the debates between Obama and McCain. To be a great leader, and especially a world leader, one requires the ability to stand up front and grasp every one of the audience's attention by merely saying a word - I can tell you that people with such ability are very rare. More importantly, he needs to ensure that his audiences are interested and motivated to continue listening. Apparently, I see all these qualities in Obama.

I like the way Obama stands up for his points made and still respects the opposition when shot back. McCain may be old and experienced, but it disappoints me every time his points are being questioned, he fails to find reasons to, at least, support them. Instead, he changes the topic - all the time! - and tries to 'attack' his opposition again and again. Yes, I've read that you think straight talk is a DO, but, in order to be respected, please respect first.
If Democrat were to win, it'll be the first time in history that an African American - a great and influential one - runs for president.


Likewise, if Republican were to win this election, it'll be historic, for there was never a female who achieved this, but, really, Sarah Heath Palin for vice president? No offense, but, What?!
Seriously, an aging ruler with a fashion mannequin who needs to learn to acquire more tact are a good combination? Not.

Another reason to be excited about the month, November? More friends will be back from their studies oversea. My sis-in-law, one of them.

And...

It's the month of my birthday - all the more reason to love it!

Oh, and it's another month closer to the end of the year - which include my approaching upcoming exams (Yikes!) and Christmas + New Year (Yay!).

No comments: