Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Paulo Coelho


I am, once again, addicted to reading Paulo Coelho's books.

The first I finished 2 years back was The Zahir - interesting reflections on life, love and happiness - before I got too busy with my own life for anymore books.

Was searching for the bestselling 'The Alchemist' - finally found it at a bookstore nearby my current workplace. Finished that. Brilliant. It mentioned and applied 'The Secret', very much alike the one I mentioned in one of my previous posts.

"When you really aspire for something, all the power in the Universe will conspire to help you achieve your Destiny."

Now, I'm on The Witch of Portobello. Beguiling - That's how all Paulo Coelho's books are. You can't wait to read on and know what happens next. The amazing thing about his writings is that he bases them on true life experiences which apply and reflect upon the lives of many others.

I don't know about other readers. Reading Coelho's books always puts me in a position where I start to ponder about my own life. His ability to put almost anything most people would never discover or perhaps have, but never let emanate from their hearts, into words, is just... simply intriguing.

An influential author - in all the good ways.

No comments: