Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant

Okay, I see comments and critics out there claiming how stupid she is and that she's going to ruin her life, her career and her future because of the one 'mistake' she's done.

This is soo absurd! Whatever makes anyone of you think one who has a baby's had her future down the drain? I KNOW, and I can safely say, "Life still goes on, nonetheless." If any of you claim that having a baby, especially at a young age is the end for the mother, whatever difference does it make to women who have babies even at a later age. Yes, you may have succeeded and have better securities and all, but still, having a child isn't that easy. Shall I say I feel sorry for your parents for having you since you think having kids means throwing one's future and career away? Successful and secured or not, a mother still has to do what a mother has to do.

Yes, Jamie Lynn may be underaged, only 16. Yes, it was a 'mistake' and she's shocked and scared herself. Hey, the baby itself isn't a mistake. Besides, we shall applaud the girl for her courage and responsibility to hold accountable of her own 'mistake'. At least, she doesn't continue making mistakes or committing bigger sin by going for an abortion, which certainly isn't the best or last resort.

Think it this way. The baby may be a blessing. He/She's a Life, a Gift from Above.

My son, Nathan has brought us soo much joy. I am young (not THAT young though, HAHA!)
I tell you, it is NOT easy looking after a baby. Yes, I get tired at times, but the joy and happiness you feel from holding your baby and seeing him smile and laugh at you, words can never describe. One needs to be a mum (a good one, at least) to know what I meant.

I get people who think Aww...what a pity. What a waste. Why didn't you have an abortion? You're so young.

Look, this is MY Life. MY choice. And I'm glad all these happen.
It makes me appreciate Life itself more and strive for the better.
I still do what I do. I'm working during the day. I have classes on some evenings and weekends. I passed all my papers. At night, I look after Nathan and that includes waking to his cries for milk or nappy change or even slight discomfort.

Have I actually thrown myself and my future away?

*Smiles*

No comments: