Friday, August 18, 2006

Drama Outside Workplace

Remember how fake and overly-exaggerated we think those action or police movies are on TV?
Man, I tell you those many numbers of police vehicles rushing in from all directions, followed by armed policemen rushing out of these vehicles once they stop, are for real!
Daym! I wish I had a video camera ready! It was near closing time at the restaurant I worked at, last night. The staff were all happily chatting away while feeding ourselves on our supper after a long hard day's work when we heard loud sirens from afar.
I was told earlier before there was a suspect of bomber or terrorist somewhere near. Gawd! Imagine how I reacted when EIGHT police cars from both directions on a one-way street stopped right in front of the restaurant and numbers of policemen and women rushed out. I went weak right away, not knowing where to run to. My first thought: "Oh My God! What if there is a terrorist or bomb just right there?!"
All I saw when we got outside were policemen holding down a man. I did not even get to see how the man looks like or how he was handcuffed and brought into one of the police vehicles. Too many police on one! LOL! I was told though, by a street patrol officer that the man arrested may be a terrorist.
Phew! What a Drama! Still more to come, I guess, since that failed bomb attack at London Heathrow Airport.
Tsk tsk tsk
What's becoming of the world? It does not even feel safe roaming the streets or anywhere else anymore. What exactly is the purpose of this unlawful terrorism?
Although, I must say, The London Metropolitan Police are really good and fast.

No comments: