Saturday, August 05, 2006

SeXy: Skinny Or Curvy?








OR











When is this gonna end?
Is it me or is it that every page I turn in today's Women's magazines, I feel even more inferior of the way I look? I bet I ain't alone here. So, peeps out there (esp. girls) who feel the same,
Shout Out Loud with Me!! =)
Whew! Since God knows when, everyone is super conscious of their body and the way they look. Now now, don't any of you go telling me there is never a point in your life when you actually feel your lowest because of the way you are even though you might have gotten over it and learnt to love yourselves. 'Cause I won't believe you. Yesh, it is important, vital, perhaps, to look good. When you look good, you feel great. Or so it seems.
Years ago, celebrities and everyone else were aiming for the perfect Size 10 then. Now, it seems like they want to be tinier! Look at Nicole Richie! If you remember how healthy and curvy she was. Sometimes I wonder how on earth did she manage to lose so much weight?! Yeah, I find myself envying those lucky lasses who need not worry as they always look tip-to-toe gorgeous! Not that I find Lollipop Nicole Richie ideally shaped. Haha! I mean, look at girls like Giselle Bundchen (D'oh! She's a top model!) or Angelina Jolie or, or Jessica Alba!!(Oooh, Mamamiaa!)
I am aware, though, that these celebrities do work out and watch their diets to keep themselves in shape. AND I am equally aware of how much it takes to be so high-mantainent. Personally, I always think that when one's rich, he/she always looks much better. How fair's that?

Now, whatever happens to being curvy to be sexy? Whatever happens to celebrities like JLo, Beyonce, Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan who were once the 'alive' curvy celebs who claimed they were proud and fine with their curves? Although, JLo and Beyonce still keep their curves (Dang! It must be hard and odd to lose those bums! Y'Ouch!), they, too, were found going on diet and workout to shed some weight. Poor Hilary now looks like she needs to hang onto a lamp post when the wind blows! No offence.
Don't anyone remember how beautiful the legendary Marilyn Monroe was, being the curvy woman she was? Well, I do. Although I must admit, it does feel alot better (or at least, to me) to lose that tummy or the lovehandles. I admit I feel better lighter without all the fats and bumps clinging onto whatever clothes I throw onto myself or the sight of lumps and tummy falling out when you sit. Ugh! I think being sexy is being fleshy (NOT to the extent of those ugly lumps I mentioned before. Keep yourself toned.), NOT being stick-thin! You've gotta have curves! Most importantly, it is about feeling sexy. Confidence. A guy friend once told me,

"Girls who are confident are always
sexier."

Talking about curves...For a lady, it means D' Ass & D' Busts. Haha! How many of you wish you were blessed with these two perfect assets? Hands Up! I know my hands are. LOL! Seriously, I don't consider myself one of the lucky and perfectly Blossomed ones. Ooh, Not the Ass! I meant the *ahem* front. Now, being in a country where most women own huuuge assets so does not help. I know most of them opt for the most popular resort here: Breast Enlargement...as in Breast Implants. No worries. I am so not going under the knives! Uh-uh! Until any proven natural remedy comes to aid, I guess, one way or another, I'd have to learn to love my own Jewels. =)
If you wanna be FINE, it is about eating healthy, not starving oneself; (I may be weight-conscious at most times, but I DON'T believe in eating less to lose weight. I believe in eating enough when you want to in order to keep your metabolism UP! A ShoutOut to You-know-who-you-are, I am NOT skinny nor bulimic!-_-") staying active; (you've got to lose the calories and keep yourself fit and healthy) and above all, learning to love yourself and feel good about the way you are. I know I may not have fully applied these principles to myself, but I am trying! I'm only Human, afterall.



PS: Tired of finding the right diet? When I say Diet, I don't mean only to lose weight. It's about keeping oneself healthy. I don't know what you'll think, but I find that this Blood Type Diet makes sense. I do follow it at most times when I can and I think it works, for me!;) I've added the link where you can check out the whole table & see your diet according to your Blood type.
Click Me! http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.cfm

No comments: