Saturday, March 01, 2008

Some Things That Most People Don't Know

Okay, let's start with some which have gotten the attention of most people already.




Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. (I think it meant the eyeballs, to be precise)


Hmm...Let's see & compare...






Okay...Proven.



It is physically impossible for you to lick your own elbow.



Women blink nearly twice as much as men. (Now, now, we ain't fluttering at you, 'kay?)


And here are some I have discovered along the way...




Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient in keeping you awake. (Try it! Especially Green Apples. I used to always bite one when doing revision or reading at nights.)




The number '98,765,432' multiplied by '9' gives you '888,888,888'.




And here are some listed, but haven't gotten to my attention before.




King of Hearts is the only king without a moustache. (Card 'pros' should have known or noticed this, ey?)





A snail can sleep for 3 years. (Oh my! Imagine being squashed while sleeping!)



An ant can survive for up to 2 weeks underwater. (No wonder this pest keeps appearing even after you (think) you've washed 'em away. Arrghh!)



A duck's quack does not echo and no one knows why.



Now, English, English, People!



The only word in English with all the vowels in reverse is 'Subcontinental'.




'Dreamt' is the only word in English that ends with '-mt'.



Words that don't ryhme in the English language are the popular 3 colours: 'Orange, Purple & Silver'; and the word 'Month'.

And the Bonus(es)...

Try this. When you see a friend hiccups, ask him/her if he has already eaten. The person must answer "Yes, I'm full." without thinking about anything else. Before you know it, hiccups are gone. (Don't give me that look. I can't explain why either.My husband did this to me once before and ever since then, it has worked wonders.)


And...



Most of you reading this would have tried licking your elbow.





Oops!

3 comments:

LX said...

The hiccup thing worked for me once. But my friend insisted she had to ask me in hokkien. Hahahah!!

Well, you know what.. everytime I eat green apples, I think of you because you told me about the green apples helping to keep one awake.

Unknown said...

Hahah! Right, William always asks me in Mandarin. I dunno if it really works for every language or not.

Heh.. so, the green apples help, ey? I'm glad if it does make a diff. =)

Anonymous said...

i can lick my elbow it not impossible